We found such a fun activity for you and your little one from minieco.co.uk! This is also a great way to teach your munchkin about our solar system. Have a blast making Space Crayons for your kids to play, coloring, and learn.
You will need:
Superfine glitter (I used silver)
Muffin tray/silicon mold
1. Round up some old crayons. If you want to make galaxy crayons then dark colours work best. Remove all the paper jackets. If you are having a job getting them off then soak them in water first.
2. Break the crayons into pieces and pop them in your silicon mold/muffin tray. I used single colours but you can mix them up if you want.
3. Lay your hands on some glitter. Superfine glitter works best!
4. Sprinkle glitter into your tin/mold. (Please make sure you don’t use your best muffin tin)
5. Pop your mold in the oven. I put mine in at 140°C….and it took about 5 minutes for the crayons to melt. I recommend you watch your crayons all the time and take them out as soon as they have melted. It can get a bit smelly/smoky if you leave them in too long.
6. Take your mold/tray out of the oven and leave to cool. If you are impatient (like me) then pop them in the fridge. Make sure they have completely set before attempting to remove them from the mold. (Impatience ruined quite a few of my homemade crayons!!)
- See more at: http://www.minieco.co.uk/space-crayons/#sthash.ddTcPQjR.dpuf
Hope you have a blast!
Boogie Bear & Friends