Happy Monday Momma's!
We have been interested in great ways to spark up play dates. We found a fun and easy idea for a play date from somewhatsimple.com They have great easy ways to spruce up any play date, but this one was out favorite!
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
- CRAFT: Make your own bug home!
- SNACK: Dirt Cup
- ACTIVITY: Bug Dig
WHAT DO WE NEED?
- Chocolate Pudding
- Gummy Worms
- Plastic Bugs (Snakes, critters, spiders, etc.)
- Mason Jars
- Magnifying Glass (You can get this from the dollar store)
DIRECTIONS, LETS GET STARTED:
- CRAFT: Decorate the outside of your bug house using stickers or anything else creative. Then, fill the inside with grass, leaves, sticks, twigs (anything you think will fit from the backyard). Since we are digging for fake bugs, supply some fake leaves and grass. You can also mix some fake with real from the backyard, depending on how dirty you want things to be.
- SNACK: Grind up the Oreos in a food processor and set aside. Place pudding in a cup and cover with the ground cookie. Hide a couple of gummy worms in the pudding snack for extra fun!
- ACTIVITY: Place dirt in a plastic container and hide the bugs in dirt. Have the kids go to town digging up critters! Then take it outside for some real digging of critters.
Boogie Bear & Friends